Call Us. Brother Printer Offline+1(631) 446-7844
Before starting, make sure that you have installed the printer using the same Wi-Fi network as that of your laptop/ desktop. You also need to check that the printer’s access plug must have a physical WPS push control. It is also necessary that the network must be using the Wi-Fi safe access or WPA2 security protocol. Canon Pixma iX6820 printer to Wi-Fi easy step.
Refer to the below steps to set up Canon Pixma iX6820 printer to WI-FI:
· Turn on the printer
· Press and hold the Wi-Fi switch which is located on the forward-facing side of the printer. Hold the Wi-Fi button until the white power light flickers once and then release it.
· When the button shows blue light, go to the access point and press the WPS button within 2 minutes
· Turn on your laptop and Canon Pixma iX6820
· Connect your printer to the Wi-Fi by following the above-mentioned steps if you haven’t already
· Download the compatible printer drivers from canon’s official website and follow the on screen instructions in order to install them
· Once you have the driver installed successfully, go to the control panel
· Select ‘Device and Printers’
· Click on ‘Add Printer’. You will get a number of options on the screen, select the specific printer’s model that you would like to add
· Click on ‘Ok’ to set up the printer.
· Turn on your Mac Book, printer, and Wi-Fi
· Connect the printer to the same Wi-Fi to which you have connected the Mac Book
· Download the compatible drivers from the official website of Canon
· Install the drivers and while the setup is going on, select ‘Cable less setup option’ and follow the instructions displayed on the screen
· Once it has been installed successfully, go to Apple Menu and select ‘System and Preference’
· In the next window, you will find the option of ‘Printer and Scanners’. You need to select it
· In order to add the printer, click on the plus sign (+)
· You will get a list of printers, select Canon Pixma iX6820 and click to add it.
· Open the ‘LAN Settings’ in your phone
· From the ‘LAN Settings’, navigate to ‘Wireless LAN Setup’ and then click on ‘Cable less setup’ and select ‘Ok’
· Install ‘Canon ink print jet/ Selphy app’ from the app store or the play store
· Once the app has been installed, open it and select ‘+’ icon
· Click on the option ‘Register Printer’ which you can find at the bottom of the screen
· Click on ‘Printer setup’
· Select ‘Auto Connect’ and then click on ‘Yes’
· You will be asked to enter the router’s password. Fill it in and click on ‘Ok’
· You will see ‘Sent the settings message’ click on OK
· Click on your printer’s name which has been detected and enter the name of the canon printer before saving the changes
This is the easiest way to Setup Canon Pixma iX6820 Wireless Printer on different devices without any technical knowledge. However, if you still require any assistance then feel free to get in touch with us.
Read More Blogs for Printers:-